Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Baby Bib for ........ Bear?

I finally finished my first project from the 2011 Sewing Calendar I mentioned.  I know the first pattern in the calendar was the Tea Clutch by Leigh Ann Tennant, but I really wanted to try her bib tutorial instead. Well, actually I finished it a few weeks ago, but I no longer have any babies to try it on. Soooo, Miss Bear will have to do!


I found a butterfly print on another fabric and appliqued it onto the front. Not bad for my first try!  It definitely came out better than I thought it would.


The front pink fabric came from an old cotton shirt that my little girl never wore and I used a pink polka-dotted scrap of flannel for the back. Soft and reversible.  Very nice!  I ended up giving it to my little Sister J who is about to have a little girl of her own in a few weeks. Yipee!


1 comment:

  1. Great job on the bib! I love your applique touch- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)