Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A new summer dress for Miss E

WOW, I can't believe it is May already! I am really behind on my 2011 Sewing Calendar I mentioned here.  Been so busy this past month getting ready for Easter, then my son's 5th birthday and of course getting ready for a day of relaxation for Mother's Day.

Project #2 in the sewing calendar featured a French Press Cozy by tiny happy.  I don't have a french press, so I searched her blog and found a beach dress tutorial. Aaaaaand, since we are all longing for summer here, I thought my little Miss E would love a new dress!

I started out with some spring red fabric I found at IKEA for only $5. It must have been almost 3 yards of fabric!  Nice and thick, no lining would be needed to make a dress. Perfect for summer.


Her tutorial was fabulous!  I must admit, it was my first time using elastic thread.  I was nervous. I was skeptical that it would actually work. But in the end, I was motivated to use it again.  It was very easy! I did end up using my machine to wind the thread on the bobbin and the tension seemed to work out great.


Spring has begun here in California (even though we have a winter storm right now, ha ha ha).  Now, if only we could get a picture of the dress at the beach!  That will be another day.  For now, exploring in the backyard for roly-poly's and ladybugs will have to do.


I have almost finished the top of my quilt for my Quilt Class 101.  I will post pictures tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)