Monday, August 22, 2011

Texture is wonderful

A friend of ours just had a baby girl about a month ago. Ohhhh, new project for me!  I had to put my blanket on hold and decided to try the Bright Textures Blanket by Bernat Design. 



I did not think I would fall in love. The pattern was strange to me, crocheting on posts from the row below. What?!?! That is what I LOVE about trying new patterns; new techniques = new ideas for me! Even the back turned out great.




And, since this blanket is going half way around the world, I wanted to be sure to personalize it just for her. I used my sewing machine to sew the name and year onto ribbon and attached it to the blanket.



Welcome to the world Greta! Hope to meet you soon.


4 comments:

  1. http://www.yarnspirations.com/bright-textures-blanket.html

    The link posted was broken. Beautiful blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure my last comment posted. I love this pattern and I have started the blanket twice. I have no idea what I am doing wrong!! It is like I am missing something. In row 3, the pattern says Fptr once and then there are 7 stitches in between the next Fptr. Obviously in the photo, it shows 3 Fptr in a row. Can you help me out? I can email you a photo of what I have done if that helps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should repeat the pattern of Fptr, dc, Fptr, dc, Fptr, dc, dc in next 4. repeat until you have 7 left then follow the rest of the pattern for the row. :)

      Delete

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)