Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A fish bowl and some fish

One of my nephews celebrated his first birthday a few months ago and I knew he would be happy with his own bowl of fish!


I found a great tutorial on making the felt fish for a fishing game. Since he was only one, I decided to make a little fish bowl to go with them instead.

 

I combined fabric for the interior to signify sand and water and used some extra vinyl I had from packaging of some sort to allow you to see the fish. The handle was added to the top - because of course a one year old is mobile now and would want to take everything along. :)

 

I just love all the bright colors!  The opening was a little small, but since my 5 and 6 year olds had no problem with it, in the end I figured it would be ok for the little guy.  It was so much fun to make!




2 comments:

  1. Why you don't post the pattern of this awesome stuff! it would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the pattern for the fish here :)
      http://zitzmanfam.blogspot.com/2010/07/felt-fishing-set.html

      Delete

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)