Monday, November 14, 2011

A pine needle basket

I just love how you can be crafty no matter where you go!  A forest floor completely covered in pine needles? Ohhh, what can we make?  How about a basket?


I could not find anything that could act as string, so I just used the caps on the bunches to act as a hook as I added each piece, weaving back and forth.


 I can't wait to see what it looks like when the needles completely dry out!


Hmmm, I don't think it will hold water or anything useful for that matter, but I made it myself!


1 comment:

  1. Your pine needle basket is fantastic. I have often thought of making baskets with pine needles (since we have an over abundance of them) but I have never woven a basket in my life. This is the first one that I have seen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)