My color inspiration comes from this beautiful picture from design-seeds.com. I decided to go with the yellow as my main color since it really pops out at me.
The Bernat Waverly yarn collection does not have a lavender (boo!), so I opted to use a bright pink instead.
Clue #1 went well. I did have to go up to an 'I' hook size to keep the gauge though. I think I crochet very tightly. :)
Clue #2 took me three tries to finally get the correct gauge, finally going to a size 'K' hook. A few ladies in the Bernat forum suggested to keep your ch 5's really loose, that helped a lot! Working on motif # 5 and 6 I was so loose I could have gone down a hook size. ha ha
Overall, I am really liking this blanket. I played around with a few layouts with some of the blocks made so far. :)
Clue #3 is already out today. I better get hooking!