Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ottoman Flying

A sweet (and patient) friend of mine stumbled upon a free old Pottery Barn ottoman. The only problem? The torn, ugly and plain white slipcover. So, there it sat for months, plain and naked.  So sad.
Finally, I took the entire white slipcover apart, piece by piece, made my measurements and even re-used the old piping to transform it into this: A modern, colorful ottoman with double piping and pleated corners!


Boy, it was really windy the day we took these pictures, hence the flying ottoman. :) It really came out great. Love the colors! This fabric is Waverly Modern Essentials "Solar Flair".


Next time I will have to be sure to get a little bit more fabric so I can try to match up the pattern a little bit more. :) But overall, I was very happy with how it turned out and so was my friend!


Speaking of Waverly, I finished Clue #3 of my Crochet Along and will post those pictures soon!







Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love this fabric! I'm redoing the bedroom in this plus the Wild Life pattern and solid lilac. Congrats on rehabbing the ottoman. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Ohhhhhh, a comment! You just made my day :)